BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!!!

Hey! Thanks for visiting my blog... My name is Michelle and I am in my 4th year studying Business Event Management in Dundalk Institute of Technology. Have a nose around and hope you enjoy what I have to say, leave comments if you wish...

See ya,
Michelle

About Me

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Social Network/ Social Media

A lot of attention is given to social networking sites these days. People use it to communicate with there friends, businesses use it target their customers. More and more people join social networking sites, such as Facebook and my space, everyday. People of all ages use social networking sites to communicate with their friends and family.

Social networking to me is very important. It helps me stay in contact with family and friends who have moved to a different country because of the current economic climate. It is also a great way for met to keep in contact with old school friends and see what they have been up to over the years since I have not seen them. Being able to see pictures the uploaded of things they have been up to and places they have seen interests me.

Every time that I access the internet, I always have to check my Facebook page. I normally go on check my news feed to see what people are up to and what new pictures my friends have put up, and to de-tag myself from the awful ones that my so called friends decide to tag me in.

I found an interesting graph of the different ages of people on Facebook:


This goes to show the wide variety of ages of people who use Facebook, and more than likely other social networking sites.

In my opinion social networking has become a big part in most peoples lives, weather they like to admit it or not. Obviously the main social network site that people use is Facebook. Hence why the majority of business have set up a Facebook page to advertise to their target market. This goes to show how Facebook and other social networking sites have revolutionised how, not only people but business communicate.

0 comments: